Hammerson’s 2018 Sustainability Report
2018 has been another busy year for Hammerson and our focus on excellence has continued to deliver strong sustainability outcomes. Here’s just a small snapshot of some of our sustainability ‘wins’:
- 18% year-on-year reduction in carbon emissions for the EPRA like-for-like portfolio.
- 6% year-on-year reduction in energy demand delivering £790k of savings for the business and service charge.
- 99.8% of operational waste diverted from landfill and 75% recycled.
- £1.7 million was directly invested in 472 local charities and organisations through cash and in-kind support and over 41,000 young people have been engaged in activities.
- Hammerson employees volunteered over 4,000 hours for worthwhile charitable causes in 2018.
- Net Positive carbon emissions are down by 35% year-on-year and Hammerson employees’ Butterfly Bank pledges have helped – particularly meat free Mondays.